Dr. Surachai Satitkunarat and Assoc. Prof. Dr. Pulsak Koseeyaporn, the Office of National Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation Policy Council (NXPO), along with their management team and staff from NXPO, as well as the staff of the Global Partnership program at the Program Management Unit for Competitiveness (PMUC), welcomed Mr. Kiyoura Takashi, Deputy Director-General of the Science and Technology Policy Bureau at the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) of Japan. They were joined by a delegation from MEXT, the Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST), and the Japanese Embassy in Thailand.
The purpose of this meeting between the NXPO and the Japanese delegation was to discuss future cooperation and new collaborative initiatives, including:
- Strategic foresight in science, technology, and innovation through the APEC Center for Technology Foresight (APEC CTF).
- Developing human resources in the areas of engineering, technology, and innovation in the form of KOSEN (College of Technology) to support investment and enhance the industry’s capabilities in Thailand and the region.
- Developing policies or environmental systems to promote start-ups in the fields of functional and future foods, with a focus on business matching between Thai start-ups and Japanese food companies or traders, and vice versa.
- Promoting BCG (Bio-Circular-Green) policies and the goal of achieving net-zero greenhouse gas emissions.
- Providing co-funding opportunities in collaboration with PMUC, as JST expressed interest in co-funding research and facilitating collaboration between Thai and Japanese researchers.